About Challenge Disability Sports Club
Challlange Disability Sports Club coaching in track and field athletics for physical disabled athletes
Welcome to CDSclub offers athletes the opportunity to test yourself against similar abilities levels beginners to advanced athletes. It is a club for all. The disabled sports club have been running for over 10 years. We do throwing events such as Club, discus and many more event such as running.
In our sports club, we currently have talented athletes who compete and train regularly during the season. Our athletes compete at their respective championships in regional and national level.
Come and join in New athletes always welcome
We are currently working hard on getting as many new people as possible to continue the pride and enjoyment that the group currently have.
Our experienced coaches have had plenty of experience dealing with many different type of disability. The coaches regularly update their knowledge by assisting in Cerebral Palsy Sports or dwarf sports association UK . Our coaches have regular CRB Checks done by UKA.
We train at Wavertree athletics Centre 19:00 – 21:00 Every Friday Night (excluding some holidays and international competitions)
In our training on Friday nights we provide various opportunities such as specific throwing training sessions for throwers. Within our two hours we have outdoor and indoor facilities and therefore sessions can be done in all different weathers. .Age of our disabled sports club athletes is from 9 upwards.
Our International achieving athletes
- Gemma Presscott (1996 – Ongoing)
- 2012 Paralympic Games Club Throw bronze, Shot Putt 13th
- 2011 – IPC Athletics Championships SP 7th, Club Throw bronze
- Claire Buckle (1998 – 2006)
- Great Britain Disability Squad in the 2005 Paralympic World Cup
- Cerebral Palsy World Games in 2005 , finishing fourth in both discus throw and shot putt
- Matthew Richards (1996 – 2009)
- Cerebral Palsy World Games in 2005 3rd in Discus throw and Shot Putt
- Bernie Doolan (1999 – 2008)
- Great Britian Paralympic squad at the 2006 IPC Athletics World Championships
- 2005 Cerbral Palsy World Games Golds in the shot putt and discus throw
- Sean clare (2004 – 2017)
- 2011 IWAS World Junior Championships Dicus Throw gold, Shot Putt gold
- 2010 – IWAS World Junior Championships Discus Throw bronze, Shot Putt bronze
- 2009 – IWAS Junior Championships discus throw bronze, Shot Putt gold. World Dwarf Games Discus Throw gold, Javellin Throw gold
- Mat Cliff (2001 – 2009)
- Represent Great Britain as a paralympic Visuall Impaired sprinter
- Roy Turnham ( 2001 – 2009)
- UK Athletics development squad
For any further information please contact us on matrich83[at] hotmail.com